What is the thyroid?
The thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland located below the Adam’s apple in the neck. This gland helps regulate oxygen uptake at the cell and, therefore, plays a key role in energy, regulation of blood sugar levels and body temperature.
Two key hormones are triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4), which help regulate oxygen in the cells and metabolism, including healthy weight.
In the brain-thyroid loop, the hypothalamus in the brain releases thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) when needed to command the pituitary gland to release thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). The circulating TSH in your bloodstream is what tells the thyroid to make more thyroid hormones for release into the bloodstream. This elegant feedback loop may be affected by poor diet, inadequate protein, lack of sufficient thyroid-support nutrients, stress, toxicity and incoordination of the nervous and endocrine systems.
The following items can stress the thyroid: smoking, exposure to fluoride (from tap water, commercial tooth paste, etc.), exposure to mercury (e.g., leaching from silver fillings, etc.) or other heavy metals, exposure to chemical toxins from body care and home cleaning products, consuming soy products (that are not fermented) such as soy protein powder, not enough natural iodine in the diet, stress from surgery, radiation treatment to the head, neck or chest, exposure to radioactive fallout or radioactive iodine treatment or chronic stress.
What’s the best support for the thyroid?
First, adopt a natural whole foods diet that is full of living enzymes. Enzymes are substances that are needed for every chemical reaction that takes place in the body. No vitamin, mineral or hormone can do any work without enzymes. They help build our body from proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
What are the best source of enzymes?
Fresh, organic fruits and vegetables. Avoid eating commercial produce or meat due to their high content of pesticide residues. Pesticides act as xeno-estrogens (i.e., toxic, foreign estrogens) that can inhibit thyroid function and disturb healthy body physiology.
Adequate protein is important for thyroid function, but a high protein diet (which is currently so popular) is high in phosphorus, which can trigger calcium loss, inducing low tissue oxygen, which in turn can keep the thyroid reved too high and your body pH too low. For high-quality, organic protein, use 2 to 4 tbsp. of Lean-Body Whey Protein Blend™ daily. In addition, eat a diet rich in natural fruits and vegetables to ensure an alkaline body pH, the key to the best thyroid support as well as great health.
Premier-State Thyroid Nutrients
Premier Thyroid Complex contains only premier-state nutrients, exquisitely well-grown and free of any toxic tagalongs. The nutrients are delivered in a 100% pure vegetable capsule with no glues, binders, fillers or gelatin. Each raw material ingredient is scanned by our state-of-the-art photoluminescent device, giving you the assurance that no chemicals were used, either in the growing or in the manufacturing process. Step up to the Premier Nutrition Effect.
Premier Thyroid Complex — Ingredients
Grade 10 Indian Noni (Morinda citrifolia)
• 100% low-temperature, air-dried mature Noni fruit and seed
• The correct species of Noni; naturally high potency
• Specially grown in the deep forests of India, 5 miles away from any road in healthy soil and fresh air; meticulously harvested by traditional herbal masters
• Supports healthy thyroid function and mood*
• No solvents, fumigation or pesticides
Unheated Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosis)
• Historically used to enhance thyroid function*
• Naturally rich in iodine, which supports healthy thyroid function*
• Supports a healthy metabolic rate, promotoing a lean body*
• Helps the body to overcome inflammation*
Wild Pacific Yew (Taxus brevifolia)
• Native Americans called pacific yew the “chief of the forest” because of its miraculous health-promoting powers, especially for building strength and endurance*
• Supports optimal lung and sinus function and oxygen exchange*
• Contains special phytochemicals (taxanes, paclitaxel) for immune health and healthy cell growth*
South American Nopal Cactus (Opuntia ficus-indica)
• Supports healthy blood sugar and blood lipids*
• Supports healthy mood, appetite and fluid retention*
• Contains both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber for regular bowel movements*
• Contains natural vitamins, minerals and 17 amino acids to help detoxify and support liver function*
• Supports a calm nervous system and healthy endocrine system*
Unheated Kelp (Atlantic & Pacific) (Ascophyllum nodosum)
• Rich in natural amino acids, vitamins and minerals, including trace minerals
• Contains an abundance of natural iodine, which is important in healthy thyroid function*
Safer than synthetic iodine in nourishing the thyroid*
• Supports the body’s overall detoxification*
Wild Blue Green Algae (Aphanizomenon flos-aquae)
• The near-perfect super-food for whole-body rejuvenation*
• Super brain and body food with an exceptional nutritional profile including all essential and semi-essential amino acids*
• Low temperature, air-dried
• Not freeze-dried, which breaks the glycoside bonds
• Grown in sunlight in ocean water
• Not grown in dark vats with tap water
Grade A Japanese Chlorella (Chlorella pyrenoidosa)
• World-famous super food with proven thyroid and immune system support*
• Given by Japanese doctors to hospitalized patients
• Rich in CGF (Chlorella Growth Factor) which helps rejuvenate cellular function*
• Broken-cell wall process for full assimilation
• Grown in full sunlight in ocean water
• Not grown in dark vats with tap water
Grade 10 Indian Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
• Bright yellow tuber used for over 30 centuries to promote an active immune system and whole body health*
• Promotes healthy liver function for adequate T3-T4 conversion (key thyroid hormones)*
• Ayurvedically grown in India by traditional herbal masters
• No hybrids; not pesticided, fumigated or irradiated
Bitter Orange (Citrus aurantium)
• Supports healthy mood regulation*
• Encourages healthy liver and digestive function*
• Promotes healthy body weight and increased energy*
Uva Ursi (Arctostaphylos)
• Promotes healthy body weight and water balance*
• Contains hydroquinones, flavonoids and triterpenes
• Helps the body to overcome toxic heat*
Yucca Root (Yucca schidigera)
• Rich in steroidal and triterpenoid saponins
• Supports normal blood purification and detoxification*
• Supports healthy bowel eliminations and healthy blood lipids*
Serving Size: 1 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 60
Free-form Amino acids(rice source), Noni (fruit, seed) (Morinda citrif.) Bladderwrack (whole) (Fucus ves.), Pacific Yew (needle) (Taxus brev.), Nopal Cactus (whole) (Opuntia fic.) Kelp (fronds) (Laminaria dig), Sea Wrack (asco-phyllum nod.), Blue Green Algae (whole) (Aphan. Flos.). Chlorella (whole) (Chorella pyr.);Turmeric (rhizome) (Curcuma l.) Bitter Orange (fruit) (Citrus aur.), Uva Ursi (leaf) (Arctostaphylos u.), Yucca (root) (Yucca schid.), Amylase, Maltase, Apple Cider Vinegar, Protease, Lipase, Lactase, Invertase, Celluulase
* Daily Value Not Established
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose Capsule
Our Quality One Guarantee: No Magnesium stearate other toxic excipients, corn, milk, soy, salt, sugar, wheat, yeast, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Store in a cool, dry place.
Adults or children (age 12 and up): Take 1 capsule, 3 times daily. For special programs recommended by your practitioner, up to 12 individual servings may be taken daily (1 serving = 1 capsule). For baseline foundation nutritional support, see the Super Food Trio.
*Disclaimer: The FDA has not evaluated any of these statements. Practice at your own risk and gain. Please seek immediate medical care for any urgent trauma. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.